Magicthegathering Cardkingdom Ultrapro

      Saturday, March 4

Posted at 11:30 PM


Saturday Skirmishes

I got 'blackmailed' by Terence to play in the tournament today. He's gonna be on a hiatus due to national obligations to the army (in other words: agressively coerced into doing something nobody in their right mind wants to do).

Anyways, he wanted me to play today so I did. I mean, I'd have to be a cold-hearted bitch (correction, a bigger bitch than I already am. Lol!) to refuse the request of someone who's gonna spend 3 weeks in hell.

So I played today. Did alright with casual plays. But once the tournament began everything went downhill. Lol! But it's alright. I've gone beyond worrying about the points. It doesn't matter if I win 5 out of a hundred matches. All that matters is that I get enough experience so that I'll progress to forming great decks which can win. It's one of those things where you have to continualy lose to know what to do. Theory is just theory. A deck that looks good on paper may not perform as well as expected. There's actually a lot of luck involved as well. That's why it's so fun. The 'lousiest', most simple looking deck could very well win the game.

Anyways, Zach, Sebastian, Jonathan (with or without the H?) and Jerry were there. Cool people! Nice friends. Exchanged numbers with Chai Jin (female player) and Joseph. I think there's some form of a clique forming. Haha! It's really fun playing casual at McDonald's and chatting.

I bought a few cards as well. Bought 4 Slay, 4 Phyrexian Arena, 2 Mortivore and 2 Persecute. These cards definately have potential for a black/white deck in my opinion. We'll see how it goes.

I'm still waiting for that black/white deck that'll scare the crap out of opponents. Lol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home