Magicthegathering Cardkingdom Ultrapro

      Saturday, January 21

Posted at 8:24 PM


Prerelease

Hey all! I'm back from my first ever prerelease tournament! Yays!

It was fun on the whole. I was miserable at the beginning because I lost 2 rounds in a row. :( Thankfully I managed to win the remaining 2 rounds. More on that later.

Anyways, I registered for my DCI number then proceeded to open my tournament deck. I was happy. I got Firemane Angel and Lightning Helix amongst other things. Unfortunately we had to swap decks. In the end I had to settle for 2 Far Seeks.

It was even worse with the Guilpact boosters. Didn't get any good stuff. Got too many spells and too few creatures. Not a good start. I was frazzled and had difficulty forming a deck and filling the form. Thankfully, Terence and Linteng came over to help me put the cards in the protector.

Noob mistake number 1: I made a deck with 40 cards.

Yup! I could have gone beyond 40 but I didn't know that. Sighs...

Anyways, here's the deck


I lost the first round because I did not mulligan when I should have. So yah... I suck. Lol!

I lost the 2nd round because of three cards - Pillory of the Sleepless and 2 Droning Bureaucrats. They effectively rendered my army useless.

Thankfully my third opponent had a mid-tempo deck and I managed to pull off a victory.

As for the final opponent. He didn't show. So I won automatically. Haha! Who cares why he didn't show up, at least I won.

So at the end I managed to get another 2 booster packs from guildpact. Sucky cards again. Sighs...

Hmm... I really enjoyed myself today. It was like I was part of a greater community. Seeing familiar players around was great. I am officially accepted as a 'Mutant'. Lol! Magic rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home