Magicthegathering Cardkingdom Ultrapro

      Saturday, December 31

Posted at 12:50 AM


Friday Night Magic

Sighs, the life of a FNM commentator. It’s so sad man. I was supposed to be on a hot date with Serra and Razia but no… someone had to have a tournament match today and I had to cover the story. I mean, it’s no wonder I’m still single after all these years! It’s thankless work man! Why I oughta …….. *blah blah blah blah blah*

One hour of talking, bitching and even more bitching to oneself later,

Ok ok, anyways! Here’s tonight’s coverage of the tournament (at the expense of my hot dates). *Pouts*

The first match pitted Terence against Joesin. Classic Glare vs Boros match-up. As usual the two top decks of the year were vying for supremacy. Things didn’t look auspicious for Terence. Before the match even begun he had to mulligan not once, not twice, but four times! Four bloody times! Man, that sucks! Thankfully, lady luck was on his side (and lady I’m-so-gonna-screw-your-mana was on Joesin’s side). He bulldozed Joesin with his flurry of creatures. The second round however didn’t go so well. Joesin’s petrifying glare (I mean seriously, this guy has a stare befitting the owner of Glare of Subdual man. *Shudders*) wrecked havoc on Terence’s creatures. The third round, sighs, I can’t believe I missed my hot date for this man. Terence! You OWE me man! Terence conceded the third round due to a mistake. A really big mistake. I mean, what were you thinking?! 2 Isamaru on the same field?! Sighs… oh well, nobody’s perfect I guess. But then again the imperfect people don’t usually mess with my hot dates…#@$#%@#%

Ten minutes of bitching and some, ok, A LOT of aggressive swearing later,

Right! Now on to the second match. Terence’s second match was against Kun Han. This match was so freaking protracted man. Kun Han was toying with Terence using his Keiga, Meloku, Moaning Well, Remand, Rewind and Mana Leak. After witnessing this match, I have to say, I officially declare blue decks as the most annoying decks on the surface of the multiverse! And Kun Han has the devil’s luck! What are the chances of drawing 4 Keigas! After what seemed like an eternity, Terence finally emerged victorious thanks to a well drawn Char.

Next to the slaughterhouse was a nice guy. Yesh people, this person is really a nice guy. No sarcasm here.

Anyways, Terence won this match pretty easily. He wasn’t even paying much attention in this match. Probably because he knows that ‘a nice guy’s’ blue/black control deck, was too slow to face the Boros fury!

Now on to the final 4 matches! Terence faced off against Lucas in a mirror match! Lucas drew upon the power of Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin Skywalker, eliminating Terence with his light saber. (Jitte + Char = Light Saber).

So now it’s a battle for third and fourth placing! It was more than boosters on the line! The loser had to finish up the soggy leftover watermelons in the middle of the table! And guess what? Terence was pitted against Joesin – again! Terence must be praying to the wrong god man. Cos the god of Mulligan seemed to be watching over him. He mulliganed like 2 out of the 3 matches! Anyways, he managed to emerge victorious even after conceding a round thanks to Pithing Needle, Char and Boros Guildmage. Phew! No soggy melons!

So! At the end of the day Terence walks away with 2 booster packs which *shocks* contained Temple Garden!! Lucky!

Sighs, I wonder if Razia and Serra will give me a second chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home