Magicthegathering Cardkingdom Ultrapro

      Saturday, April 22

Posted at 11:51 PM


Prerelease

I nearly didn't make it for the prerelease today. I overslept! Luckily Terence SMSed me in the morning and I woke up just in the nick of time. Phew!

Anyways, the prerelease was fun. Saw a lot of familiar faces - Lin Teng, Roy, Milton, Tian Bao, Kenny, Bernard, Jerry, Daniel, Chi Ming, Joseph, Tony and many more. Most notably, we saw Jonathan! Aw, man, he's quitting magic! It was so sad to hear. Nevermind, heheh, we have a master plan to pull him back in NUS. Lol!

Alright, on to the cards. My tournament pack sucked. Terence got an Overgrown Tomb. (Lucky him!) Thank god my boosters were alright!


Voidslime and the Root-Kin are not bad, but the Bombshell is pathetic. I got the Stalking Vengeance after the competition. Sighs... I managed to win 1, draw 1 and unfortunately lost 2. It's really difficult for me. I don't know if it's cos I suck or if it's cos the opponents just have the darndest cards! Seal of Doom, Seal of Fire, Char, Fiery Conclusion, Cackling Flames, can you say burnt out?! Oh and let's not forget Strands of Undeath and Clinging Darkness. -_-""

Anyways, Terence managed to trade a Glimpse the Unthinkable and 3 Mimeofactures for 1 Blood Crypt. Not bad, considering we managed to get back the ones we traded at low prices. Mimeofacture is the next big thing, watch out!

As for Dissension, I have a few cards in mind that may have good potential. Voidslime, Cytoplast Root-Kin, Rain of Gore, Odds//Ends, Hide//Seek, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Skullmead Cauldron, Protean Hulk, Rakdos Pit Dragon, Weight of Spires and Avatar of Dischord.

Seek seems especially promising!!! I really wouldn't mind having 4 of these in a deck! Rain of Gore is good too, provided the opponent plays cards like Loxodon Hierarch, Kokusho, the Evening Star and Faith's Fretters. Lol! I can imagine the look on his face when Kokusho's life gain backfires! Lol!

It should be a really interesting Constructed season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home