Magicthegathering Cardkingdom Ultrapro

      Sunday, June 11

Posted at 10:55 AM


Saturday Skirmishes

Met up with Joseph and Chai Jing for another session of magic yesterday. It was one of the most stressful sessions ever!

Firstly, I was in a rush to form a deck. Didn't have any ideas so I stuck with my Orzhov-Aggro switching a few cards for Hide // Seek and Cruel Edict. Sounds simple? Erm, I thought so too, until I realised that my Ravenous Rats were not with me. Lol!

Thankfully Chai Jing brought the rats. So I happily formed the deck and what do you know? I realised I forgot to bring my Castigate! In the end I had to settle for Cry of Contrition, and Distress instead.

As for the matches I lost 2 won 2. So that's 6 points in total. Not enough to enter the top 8 as there were about seven or eight 6 pointers? Heheh!

My first match was against a Firemane Angel deck. I managed a 1 - 1 but lost the third round because he top decked a Spell Snare against my Kami of Ancient Law. Yup! If not I would have won. Haha! His friends were like all watching the match-up attentively. Very funny, by right my deck should have next to zero chance against his. I got lucky I guess.

2nd match I got totally steamrolled. Haha! It was against Melvin again. He managed to Naturalise my Jitte and come up with one of his own. Case Closed.

The 3rd match was so freaking exciting! It's Darryl again. Lol! There were so many players watching us play. Lol! I got beat down to 5 life and my opponent had well over 10 life. then I top decked Hide // Seek, Jitte, Paladin-en-vec, Ghost Council of Orzhova. Managed to beat him down to 2 life and I had 3 left. Then he drew a Jitte via Dark Confidant and killed himself! It was so so exciting!

My fourth was against Chirstian. His was a blue/white deck. But he didn't manage to get his Wrath of God quickly enough so I managed to win.

Yup! Exciting day! At least I managed to win some despite losing a great deal of deck power by forgetting to bring Castigate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home